Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Children's Theatre

I mentioned in a previous post that I would be working with Children's theatre at Stella Polaris, well last week we had the performances which went very well. It was a very busy time, but both groups put on a great performance. Our first and youngest group performed at the local Museum, we had two great audiences and the children were enthusiastic and eager to perform. It was a very intimate and cosy setting, with the audience very much in the center of the action. Our second and oldest group performed over two days in the forest, they performed to a very busy audience then twice to a local school who very much enjoyed the setting out in the forest.

Working with this Children's theatre was a great experience for me, as I have been working with youth theatre in Scotland for many years, working with a new group in a different country was a completely different experience for me. There was many different qualities to consider, that being the language, working to Stella Polaris's theatre ethic and working with 2 others from different countries. It was hard work but very rewarding I learnt new techniques, I feel I developed as youth theatre practitioner and learnt more about myself in this style of children's theatre work.

No comments:

Post a Comment