Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Didier Danthois clowning workshop

Since being in Norway, I have being learning a lot of new skills, developing as a performer and starting the creation process of developing my own work. An opportunity arose for me to take part in a 3 day workshop with clown Didier Danthois. It was a clowning workshop with a difference, called 'Awakening the Fool at Heart'. You can see his website http://www.sacred-clown-as-healer.co.uk This was a different approach to any clowning I have done before, he touches the art of healing, we really look inside ourselves and connect with our movements and also work with Indian Raga singing which was a great experience for me.

I went to this workshop wanting to develop my clowning techniques as this is something I love to do and also I want to make more of a connection to certain parts of my clowning for my Edinburgh Fringe performance that I am creating. We worked over 2 days with a large group,looking at basics of the clown and movement and really connecting to our emotions. The third was optional and was a day were you could work with specific scenarios or characters that you would like to develop. So this was a perfect opportunity for me to experience this day.

I developed my character and learnt how to connect with myself to develop my emotions in my clown and also discovered that singing is very much apart of my clowning character. The Indian Raga singing really opened up my sensitivity and made me feel more confident in developing my character.

I highly recommend this workshop, as it really gives you time to think and connect with your inner fool/clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment