Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ship of Fools

Our next project along with the youth group was to be the 'Ship of Fools', you can see earlier in my blog from Poland as to waht this performance is about. We were now going to work with it again, creating new characters but keeping with the same storyline.

We started the same process in working with our characters and devloping their history, this was intense work and something that I very much enjoy. We have the time to work with ourselves, a prop that is connected to us and explore were we came from and what our mission is. I worked with a new character this time 'Goldwin'. This was because I felt I had progressed more in character work and was developing ina different way then with the character I worked with last time.

Throughout this rehearsal process, I felt I learnt more and more, from directions given to other people and also the realisation that I had developed more and was more in tuned with how we work when preparing for a show. I felt I was 100% into my character, I was able to feel all the extreme feelings of my fool and work with this in a professional way.

We played our performance twice, one being at the day of joy 'Gedens Dag' at Fossnes Center, where the theater is based. This was a very successful day, where I was apart of the Angel Choir, which was such a nice experience, as I now know all the songs and I can really connect with the group and the audience. I also played my clown character during the day which was also a very nice experience as we took part in a race with the audience members, this was a development in my character as I had to have physical contact with the public.

This project was very successful for me, it was the point when I realised how much I have learn't here at my time with Stella Polaris, I was working with a clear focus and a good professional energy which provided my characetr much more room to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment